Why should I feed a raw diet?
A raw diet provides a range of benefits that commercial dog diets can never hope to closely match. These benefits include:
- Many allergies disappear
- Naturally cleans teeth
- Better weight control
- Much less stools produced due to more complete digestion
- Arthritis significantly reduced or disappeared in some dogs
- Lower vet bills due to healthier dogs
Benefits of Raw Food Diet
People who have switched their dogs to a raw food diet from commercial dog foods are found the following:
- Dogs who were previously unenergetic and sluggish gained energy and seemed like completely new dogs
- Allergies dogs previously had disappeared
- Skin conditions cleared up
- No more doggy smell
- Healthier weight was maintained
- Dogs grow at a more normal rate; quick growth spurts are avoided
- Dogs seem to live longer with fewer medical conditions
Why is commercial dog food not good for my dog?
- A dogs food should never be cooked
- Dogs should have access to raw meaty bones that clean their teeth, and exercise their neck and jaw muscles
- Dog food typically has grain and cereals as their primary ingredient which often cause allergies and skin conditions
- Often contain preservatives, additives and salt that a dog does not need to make the food taste better
- Too many carbohydrates linked to over-eating, obesity, diabetes, and cancer.